How much do panhandlers really make? Can you possibly make a living at this? How much of a difference does a funny sign make? Will people give to a guy in a banana suit? Does every sign have to say "God Bless?" Important questions. I aim to find the answers. Give me a dollar. God Bless.

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Inspiration

I was in Van Couver Canada on business. My associates and I were having lunch at a burger place on the corner of a busy intersection. In the intersection a young man with a squeegee was giving a quick windshield wash to cars as they sat at the red light. My partner Frank was watching with great interest and based on the number of cars that handed this kid a buck (assuming it was an average of a buck a car) in the half hour we were there this kid was bringing in at least 22 bucks an hour. This was more than we were managing, and we figured there were probably some two dollar and three dollar doners in there as well.

"Damn. I'm gonna quit my job and get me a squeegee." Frank joked.

"Yeah." I replied, not quite joking.

Thanks for reading. I need a few bucks to buy a cup of coffee so that I can keep working on my laptop at this cafe. Can you spare a little?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home