How much do panhandlers really make? Can you possibly make a living at this? How much of a difference does a funny sign make? Will people give to a guy in a banana suit? Does every sign have to say "God Bless?" Important questions. I aim to find the answers. Give me a dollar. God Bless.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Badmouth and Fark

Badmouth.net ran a little piece I wrote on this experiment and then Fark.com picked it. So many hits from Fark that Badmouth was knocked offline in minutes. It keeps popping off and on so give it a try. As a result the local sports radio station is calling for an interview. Cool. Can you spare a buck? All this attention's made me thirsty.

This art was done by Jared Von Hindman at www.headinjurytheater.com. I hope to have lots more art by Jared on the site. So if you can't spare a buck, maybe you can send me your panhandling stories, suggestions or cool artwork, but really... Send me a buck, I need some new video games.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Adam said...

Someone has just suggested a sign idea to me: "Will Eat for Food"
What do you think?

1:22 PM

 
Blogger thepanhandler said...

Ha! I think it's great.

1:32 PM

 
Blogger Jared said...

While I was getting ready to do a batch of panhandling art, I realized that I already had a small doodle of zombie panhandling:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/OhGodtheRats/work4brainsjaredhindman.jpg

I so completely forgot that I drew that.

8:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BLOGGER CAN'T HANDLE YOUR 20,000 VISITOR SPIKE IN TRAFFIC? LOL

THAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING I'VE HEARD ALL DAY.

BLOGGER GETS OVER 3 MILLION VISITORS A DAY BANNANA HEAD

11:46 AM

 
Blogger thepanhandler said...

I guess I am a banana head.
I just wasn't sure how much bandwidth, going out all at once, they'd be okay for an individual site. I'm sure geocities gets a kazillion hits a day, but if an individual site on geocities gets more than two hits and hour (maybe and exageration) down they go.
I am glad to say my blogs done fine.
WOO HOO!

12:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Badmouth is not a BLOGGER site, and can, therefore, be more easily knocked offline.

Capslock is for geniuses.

-Rob

11:43 PM

 
Blogger Thomas Slatin said...

Congrats on getting onto Fark.com. Nice job with your web site and all.

6:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home