How much do panhandlers really make? Can you possibly make a living at this? How much of a difference does a funny sign make? Will people give to a guy in a banana suit? Does every sign have to say "God Bless?" Important questions. I aim to find the answers. Give me a dollar. God Bless.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Comic-Con and Jeffrey Brown

I went to San Diego to do some panhandling at The Comic Con and to support my "client" Francois Fly who was performing there. The comic con was cool, but it's hard to panhandle folks when everyone else is trying to sell them comic books not to mention that fact that many of them are in costumes without convenient pockets as illustrated by Jeffrey Brown. Getting to meet Jeffrey was the coolest part of the convention. I've recently become a fan of his when my neighbor Christy turned me on to his books Clumsy and Unlikely. Having a drawing of me done by him is the coolest.
Francois Fly's gig was fun, but we had to share a dressing room with the burlesque dancing ladies. This is the second time we've been forced to share a room with gorgeous women. It's so annoying having them get undressed in front of us. Sometimes they even ask us for help with various buttons and zippers. It makes it very difficult to concentrate on playing Shinobi on my laptop. Blaine Capatch of Beat The Geeks was the MC and a real nice guy. Kitten Deville was just one of many lovely ladies on the bill, all of whom refused to give me so much as a nickel! I should mention the show was produced by Augusta of Itsachick and she is one awesome lady.
The burlesque crowd starts booing pretty quick when an act that isn't a naked lady comes on, and Francois Fly got his shair of boos but he basked in the glory of it taking each boo as a badge of honor and he had a good portion of the crowd laughing and having a good time. The dancers in particular seemed to really get a kick out of the fly.
I already wrote about the LA portion of the trip so I'll get back to my begging. I want to buy a copy of RetroGamer magazine but it's like 12 bucks, so could you maybe spare me a couple of dollars? It comes with some emulaters on cd rom so it's totaly worth it! ! ! God Bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home