How much do panhandlers really make? Can you possibly make a living at this? How much of a difference does a funny sign make? Will people give to a guy in a banana suit? Does every sign have to say "God Bless?" Important questions. I aim to find the answers. Give me a dollar. God Bless.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Banana Suit Played Out

Figured I'd play on the fact that the gimmic is getting old to folks that have been along from the beginning. It didn't amount to a-lot of money (about $6 an hour) but I had more people laughing in their cars then ever. Not sure why. I thought it was kinda funny but somehow this one really cracked folks up. I didn't bring my can with me to shake at people to get more dough so I held my hand out. Holding at the can or holding out my hand makes a difference. It's a direct request. It's right up there with eye contact. More important though may be asking for a specific amount. I actually have a cool story coming up involving a panhandling experiment some other folks did. They determined that asking for specific odd amount, like $1.37, would bring in more money. I'll certainly be giving it a try. I've got some great costume things coming up (mummy, mime, more) but I'm waiting until the heat dies down a little. The banana suit is hot enough!
And remember I'm panhandling online too. Eye contact is harder, but I'm shaking my can at ya (take that however you want). Donate a couple of bucks using the buttons on the right and I'll be one happy banana. Oh, and God Bless.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jason said...

You should definitely join www.jeffthefish.com. I will allow you to panhandle there. And thanks for adding me to your myspace list.

8:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home