How much do panhandlers really make? Can you possibly make a living at this? How much of a difference does a funny sign make? Will people give to a guy in a banana suit? Does every sign have to say "God Bless?" Important questions. I aim to find the answers. Give me a dollar. God Bless.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Ninjas Killed My Family

It must have been 170 degrees today. Oh my god was it hot. I checked in with three other panhandlers, all of whom were doing just the rush hour, and not even the full hour. People seem to give less when they don't want to roll down their windows and face the non airconditioned world.
I didn't get any photos today, but Christine Redford of Arkansas e-mailed me this one. I've seen it before, and it's definately one of the best signs I've seen. Good stuff. I hope this guy got his kung fu lessons. Personally I'd advise him just get a gun. It's cheaper, more effective and then he can spend the rest of the dough on booze and hotel rooms! One critique, the sign really should say "God Bless" (or maybe "Namaste" if he's in LA or New Mexico). There are many folks out there who will pay dearly for a "God Bless." The smileys almost make up for it.
This heat's making me want to do more online panhandling, so look for that in a chat room near you. Or look for it right here. Can you spare a $1.67? It'd really help out. The donation buttons are right there on your right. God Bless. :) :) :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous NinBob said...

Though this photo is amusing, I must say it is offensive to real ninjas. We here at the Tanjun Ryu Super-Secret Ninja Clan are chagrined that this man is blaming ninjas for his family's death. If they WERE killed by ninjas, he wouldn't know it because we are so stealthy and move like shadows and are invisible and stuff. Also too, if ninjas did it, those unfortunate people no doubt deserved it. So stop encouraging him!

2:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home