How much do panhandlers really make? Can you possibly make a living at this? How much of a difference does a funny sign make? Will people give to a guy in a banana suit? Does every sign have to say "God Bless?" Important questions. I aim to find the answers. Give me a dollar. God Bless.

Monday, September 12, 2005

New Posts Next Week

Sorry so quiet. Getting ready to do the "Your Ad Here" ad, and the mime, waiting for pics from the craziest day we've had yet, almost got beat up, full story up soon. I'm heading to Seattle this weekened will panhandle there. Seattle is one of the spare change capitols of the continent. Please check back next week. In the meanwhile, you can enjoy lots of new posts at www.allmyjobs.blogspot.com. And hey, a couple of bucks might speed things up a bit too. God Bless.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Julie said...

Seattle is one of the spare change capitols of the continent.

I live in (near) seattle and i did not know that! Unless your making up facts, in which case, I totally knew that!

Also, where are you going to be?

7:26 PM

 
Blogger Phelpsy said...

I bet you could make more money in Canada then in the states.

You should come try Southwestern Ontario... You could be rich.

6:34 AM

 
Blogger Merveilleuse said...

I highly doubt there would be more money to be had in Canada, but maybe in Ontario. In the prairies, people are too tight fisted to give any money to panhandlers.

10:23 AM

 
Blogger thepanhandler said...

My comments about Seattle are somewhere between made up and scientific.
I've spent time in Seattle and I was spare changed more than in any other city I've visited except maybe SF.
Look up Spare Changing or Spanging on google and you'll find lots of references to Seattle.
I'm not sure where I'll be but when I figure it out I'll post it.

3:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if you solicit new ideas, but I think it would be funny to set up a whole PowerPoint presentation explaining why you need money. The logistics would be tough (back PC batteries for the projector?) but if you could pull it off: comic gold!

Here's some conceptual art I drew up when I first thought of it.

-Jason

11:54 PM

 
Blogger Phelpsy said...

^^ That is hilarious. If I saw that as I was driving down the street I dont know what I would do.

I think I'd have to pull over and watch the whole presentation... then donate a few bucks

7:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. This is a random Idea that just occured to me. What if you dressed in black slacks and a button up shirt, were clean shaven, recently had a hair cut, ect. and your sign read "It's my first day. God bless.

11:50 AM

 
Blogger thepanhandler said...

Thanks anonymous. I am already planning the business suit idea and this would fit in nicely, with slite adjustments. I'll see about giving it a go.
In Seattle now. Was panhandled/solicited by a fellow selling roses that were woven out of some kind of leaf. Really nicely done actually. He was a sweet native American dude. Nasty cut on his hand, made me wish I carried a first aid kit with me. Will look into getting one.

5:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home