How much do panhandlers really make? Can you possibly make a living at this? How much of a difference does a funny sign make? Will people give to a guy in a banana suit? Does every sign have to say "God Bless?" Important questions. I aim to find the answers. Give me a dollar. God Bless.

Friday, September 02, 2005

Panhandling Mime

What would a panhandling mime look like? I'm thinking a sign with nothing written on it. Or would it be better to have no sign, and just mime that I'm holding a panhandling sign?
Maybe a sign that says, "Everyone hates me. Please help. God bless."
I'd love to get your suggestions.
And while we're at it, what would a guy in a business suit talking on his cell phone have on his sign?
If I use your idea, and your provide me with your address, I'll send you an autographed picture of my colon. For reals.
Gimme two dollars, or better yet, take the two dollars you were gonna give me and send it to help the effort down in the gulf. Here's a good place to give. http://writerscafe.net/donations.html God bless.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should dress us as Jesus and write something like "Give me a dollar or I'll smite you."

Cheers!
Flutter

1:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A panhandling mime should have a sign but it should not say anything.

monkeymanmc

2:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For your mime sign:

Help me get out of this box!

2:40 PM

 
Anonymous Skitz said...

As much as having a prop breaks miming rules, I think it's a necessity. Otherwise people might expect you to perform, and that would be too close to actual work. Words would break too many rules though. Get someone to do a caricature on the sign of the mime with pockets turned out and a sad look. You figure out how to work god into the picture.

2:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a business man, your sign might read:
It's better than a day job.
God bless
or
This is where I go when I tell my family that I'm going to work. Help support my lie.
God bless
The second may require a bit more cardboard.

3:27 PM

 
Anonymous sarah perez said...

a mime would carry an open/empty picture frame as his sign and act out what it says. You could act out "hungry" by rubbing your belly with an exaggerrated clown-frown and then shake your cup.

the business man's sign would read:
"Need a new Blackberry,
can't pay the drycleaner,
trophy-wife needs a manicure.
God bless."

or

"Gas prices too high,
had to cancel pilates class
to fill up the SUV. Spare a buck?
God Bless."

--sarah

4:50 PM

 
Anonymous clizaudia said...

I like the idea of the businessman. My idea of humor is pretty sick and twisted though, so I'd have some dude dressed up as a bum layin on the side like businessman janked him for the sign.

10:11 PM

 
Anonymous AJ said...

Why lie? I need hard lemonade.

[big letters] FLAT TIRE
[small letters] amber ale
[big letters] Help in a jam? God Bless.

Business trip. No expense account. Roaming charges. Anything helps.

9:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about:

Praticing Mime, need $$$ for rest of box.

God Bless

7:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home