How much do panhandlers really make? Can you possibly make a living at this? How much of a difference does a funny sign make? Will people give to a guy in a banana suit? Does every sign have to say "God Bless?" Important questions. I aim to find the answers. Give me a dollar. God Bless.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Panhandling with Ad


The winner of my auction offering ad space on my sign was fnaprime. He won the right to advertise his website www.gotbadcredit.net. Now, I'll admit I wasn't too stoked about this kind of site winning. I was hoping for some cool small business, a record store or something, or maybe a really cool website. But I gotta tell you since visiting this guy's site I smell better, I run faster, and I have sex with greater frequency and enthusiasm! My credit still sucks but he paid me 70 bucks to put his ad on my sign, so I'd say he can improve your financial situation. Just ask him to give you $70.00. It worked for me.
I went out with his sign today. People were very confused and didn't know if I wanted their money or if I wanted them to sell herbal life or look at model homes or what. fnaprime made the sign very wordy, against my advice, but hey the customer is always right, yes? To be fair I'll reprint the text here:

"Got Bad Credit?"
Now you can laugh at bad credit.
Learn how to Borrow up to $20,000 on signature!

Click Here!
www.GotBadCredit.net

He specifically requested the "Click Here" be on the sign with the yellow highlighting. The dollar bill on the sign, that was his idea too.

The folks coming off the freeway may have been confused, but they knew one thing, I was not a happy panhandler today. I felt like looking miserable. I thought it might help. I made $72.35 cents. $70 from the auction, and $2.35 standing out there with the sign. One of the worst panhandling days I've had as far as income on the offramp and the best day regarding income over all. Of course it was a bad day on the ramp. Who wants to give me a dollar when they can see I've got dollars enought to go taping them on signs.
See the orginal auction here.

I went home, changed and went back in a suit and tie. Look for those photos and the story Wednesday or somewhere there abouts.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Mr.sole patch told me about you and said that he made great freinds with you. I think its great you donated money to his church. That's pretty awesome!

9:29 PM

 
Blogger thepanhandler said...

Soulpatch is a-ok, but I want all you Christians that are now visiting here to know, I"m still a stink atheist who hypocriticaly celebrates Christmas

8:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home