How much do panhandlers really make? Can you possibly make a living at this? How much of a difference does a funny sign make? Will people give to a guy in a banana suit? Does every sign have to say "God Bless?" Important questions. I aim to find the answers. Give me a dollar. God Bless.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Elmo Arrested for Panhandling

I'm a bit late on this one, but apparently Elmo and Mr. Incredible were arrested in Hollywood for panhandling.

Grauman's Chinese Theater has a whole cast of character's that hang out in front in really bad no budget costumes. Spider Man, Super Man, Elmo, they're all there. My friend Becca wrote a story about her experiences with Elmo when we were in LA with ICBINC. In the story Elmo copped a feel when Becca posed for a picture with him, and then was pretty pushy about getting his tip. The story has some truth in it.

I doubt the cops busted only the panhandlers that they actually saw being agressive. And what constitutes aggressiveness? Can't have folks upsetting the tourists though. It does strike me as odd that these guys rake in so much cash and don't buy better costumes, but it may be a way of avoiding copyright infringement. Hell a guy making a good living totally independently like that will get hit every time, but I will look up to them for makin' it with out workin' for some faceless corporation/machine. I can't wait to get to LA again so I can get photos and an interview with Elmo. My hope is that all this publicity actually helps him.
And now, I ask, unagressively, if maybe you can help me with a couple of bucks. Look you already read my damn post, I don't do this crap for free! WE WORK FOR TIPS IN THIS WORLD WIDE WEB BUDDY! Now Pay UP! You know where the damn donate buttons are! ! !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home