How much do panhandlers really make? Can you possibly make a living at this? How much of a difference does a funny sign make? Will people give to a guy in a banana suit? Does every sign have to say "God Bless?" Important questions. I aim to find the answers. Give me a dollar. God Bless.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Raining

Raining, raining, raining. And it will continue raining for the next ten days it seems. Now, I should be out workin' it. Hell seeing me in the rain with my sign and a trash bag raincoat would probably bring me BANK, ah hell, I may still do it. But so far I haven't been able to. For one I got a rotten stomach. It really makes you feel for the down and out folks to realize that when they get ill, if they're achy and sore they still got get out there and hustle up some dough. Hell, I'd be drinkin' or worse for sure if I had to be on the freeway offramp in this weather for more than an hour. So whether they choose to be there or not, on days like this it's gotta be a hard choice to live with. And if it was a choice initialy days like this probably make it hard to get out of. I mean, what comes first, the drugs or the homelessness?

I went to a continuations high school. It seems I was disruptive at the regular school. Yeah, go figure. Well, the kids at this school were supposedly the burnouts and druggies. Some were when they got there sure, but I watched many a sober kid come in and, well talk about a rough place to fit in, these kids would do anything just to bond. Smoke a joint, sure? No problem. I don't mean to get to graphic here but I saw kids come in listening to top 40 music and by the time they left they'd been turned onto to Motor Head, Sabbath, King Diamond and worse! ! !

Anyway my point is, the whole street people on drugs thing, it my be more of chicken/egg situation than we realize.

Now, do you want me listening to Ozzy and smoking out behind the dumpster? No! Then fork over a couple of bucks and help me get back on my feet. Thanks. (The donate buttons are on the right>>>)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home