How much do panhandlers really make? Can you possibly make a living at this? How much of a difference does a funny sign make? Will people give to a guy in a banana suit? Does every sign have to say "God Bless?" Important questions. I aim to find the answers. Give me a dollar. God Bless.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Two Other Panhandlers

Tommorow I'm interviewing Gabriel Brown, a Spokan Washington performance artist who has spent hours panhandling with various carboard signs while wearing a suit and carrying a briefcase. He should give us some good material for the documentary. He taped a bit of every day he spent out flying his sign and he's sending us the footage.

And check out Tyler who credits me with inspiring his panhandling. He's pretty dang awesome. I was most impressed at him picketing Denny's after they kicked him out for eating the leftover food on other folks tables. What a riot. He's a champ. He should update his site more often.

My attempt at Cockerhamming (see last post) have thus far yielded no results. Help me suffer this defeat. Gimme a couple of bucks that I might drown my sorrows in a friut smoothie or perhaps even some herbal tea.

6 Comments:

Blogger beckyjsacto said...

I saw a guy up in Rocklin last week with a sign that said, "Need fuel for my Lear jet." Funny enough, he was also wearing a hat with the logo of the company for whom I work.

8:39 AM

 
Anonymous The Panhandler said...

Ah the funny sign.
I lived in a Rocklin' for a not brief enough time. Doesn't seem like the panhandler kind of place. Of course that can be an advantage.

2:04 PM

 
Blogger Headline Blankets said...

Hey Keith! I deleted my blog! Just thought I'd give you a heads up. Also, I wanna donate some moolah to ya, but I lack a credit card. Any suggestions?

10:48 PM

 
Blogger meice said...

You need to update more! I love this site. I have an idea for panhandling in front of some local resturants with the sign, "Saved room for dessert. I need pie. Godbless." I might do it next week.

7:39 PM

 
Anonymous whylieineedadrink said...

I'm glad you're enjoying the site.

I'm updating less as I am working hard on getting the documentary edited, though it will be a while yet. But, if you do the panhandling you're talking about, write it up, get me some photos, I'd love to share your experiences here.
Thanks.

1:38 PM

 
Blogger Coexist said...

Keith
Been thinking of ya
need to connect for some coffee urr, I mean tea...

call me or email

Soulpatch

7:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home